Life...

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Update...

I know, I'm sorry. I haven't blogged in 6 months. BOOOOOOO. you can hit me next time you see me.

Anyway. Just wanted to give an update. Some of you may know that I just started working at Saddleback Irvine as the Worship Director. I'm loving it. I'm learning a ton.

I'm learning that when you are a leader you realize a lot of things about yourself that need work. Even to a point where you are consumed by your problems. I'm moving from that place to a place where I can see God embracing me and walking me through it all.

I'm learning that I can't please everyone and if I try I will fail miserably. Every day I'm asking God to keep me from trying to be a people pleaser so that I can focus on pleasing HIM and follow HIS will for my life. This is a process and always will be.

I'm learning that sometimes you have to put the things that you are most passionate about on hold.

I'm learning to listen to the old people around me, maybe I don't know everything after all. :)

Life is good. I love the relationships I'm building. I love to see people changed for Jesus, especially the parts of them that they think God wants nothing to do with.

Okay.

Keep on Learning.

John

1 Comment:

Riley said...

Good to see you are still alive. You should blog about asking someone if they want the dogs.

About Me