Life...

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Stearnzie Thirty DAY 4

I was especially excited for my run today. Until today, I was using my car to track my milage. Then I thought to myself, I bet the iPhone has an app for runners. Sure enough: iTrackMyRun. Its an app that uses GPS to track your milage among other things. There is a whole online community (crazy runners). Best of all, the app is FREE!

I get ready to run and I open the app, it then took about 15 seconds to acquire a signal, and I'm off! Oh wait, turn on the shuffle, Okay, Now Im off.

I took different path today so that I wouldn't know how far I was going in attempt to run further. I go until I can't move anymore and the anticipation to see how far I ran is killing me! I pull out my iPhone, which until this point was whipping back and fourth in my pocket (that thing is heavy), and I open the app..............

.2 miles! WHAT?!?!? That's discouraging. Apparently the app doesn't continue running when you lock your phone!

To the car I go. I ran 1.5 miles (hey its a little improvement) in 13:50.

I'm not the best at averages, so correct me if I'm wrong, that is a 9 minute mile. I shaved 5 seconds off.

0 Comments:

About Me