Life...

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Stearnzie Thirty DAY 1

Hey Friends,

Exercise has always been a challenge for me (can anyone relate?) and after talking to my brother this morning, I was encouraged to try something new. I know what you're thinking, Oh John, another exercise/diet fad? Well, with my track record, I don't blame you! My brother started running 2.5 months ago and he has lost 30lbs! That's amazing!

I hate running. Once upon a time, I was going to run a half marathon with Riley and that just didn't work out. I think I lasted 3 runs. So, I'm going to be more realistic this time around. I am committing to run at least 1 mile a day for the next 30 days. My dad always told me that it takes 28 days to make a habit of something and that is what I am hoping to accomplish in this journey.

This is where I need your help. I'm going to blog every day to track my progress. Please do me a favor an invite people to join me in this challenge. I will need as much encouragement as I can get! The more people watching, the more accountable I will be to completing this huge task in front of me.

I ran my first mile today and I'm exhausted! Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better.

:)

8 Comments:

Lisa Marie said...

You're amazing and you can TOTALLY do it! I'm so proud of you. You're great :)

Riley said...

GO JOHN!

The Bakers said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John for President!

Jessica Jenkins said...

John you rock! Keep it up, we're rooting for you! Go Stearnzie, go!

yazz said...

of COURSE it'll get better!! I started exercising consistently two weeks ago and it's AMAZING! You're going to do great! I'll run some miles with you!!

Tim said...

Rick Warren taught me that 28 days form habits... So it appears that your dad is just as wise as the good Doctor. Why doesn't he write a book. I'd read it. I'd read it right frigin now... And I'd probably love it. I support you in your quest young squire. Be not dismayed. You shall do great things Harry Po... um, John Stearns.

Megan said...

John-
I would love to run with you sometime if you need company! I mean it!

stearnzie said...

such great encouragement. If I had a will, you would all be in it!

About Me